Full width home advertisement

Travel the world

Explore the Philippines

Post Page Advertisement [Top]




It’s been a long while since my last post due to some reasons including work and some things I needed to give priority. Or maybe I’m just in a long term rut. Or lack of inspiration or motivation to keep going.
 

I haven’t finished writing about our first Japan trip in 2017 (Japan 2017 series). Back in 2020, we were fortunate to have traveled there again (this time in Sapporo), almost right before the pandemic blew off and the travel restrictions started!

Though I did write a little something back in early November 2021 to commemorate my 10th year as an overseas worker (My 10 Lessons and Realizations as an OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker), I have not actively tried to write about any significant travels.

It’s been five months since I have been assigned to work in the office and mostly I have been staying in Al Khobar since then, only able to visit the desert areas briefly in December.

It's a challenging change, and a very humbling one. I learned new different software, new technologies and theories, and I discovered more about myself in the process, including reaching new limits and resilience.

I miss the desert. I might be the only one I know who isn't bored with the sight of the endless deserted horizon. I like the open space out there. It's a contradicting trait of me as a homebody, someone who is an introvert yet loves to travel. 

I actually like living here in Al Khobar, primarily because of the sea. The seaside park is just a 20-minute walk away from our house which I could do. We usually work on weekends and even so, I would sometimes go to the sea and watch the sunrise and read a book and take some pictures. Kind of my therapy for my troubled mind, as of late.

 

 

 I wanted to make it a weekly thing, before reporting to the office. I guess it was easy to do back then when it was colder.

Guess work and other things really started to take a toll for me to call this one "Mental heatlh day."

(For unknown reason I can't embed this post, maybe because of the video.)

This wasn't the last time I went to the seaside by myself, but it's been a while. It's now warmer here and summer is fast approaching. Also, I usually drink coffee and or eat a sandwich while there but it's the month of Ramadan which means it's not allowed to eat or drink outside.

The morning walk to the sea seemed to have a therapeutic effect on me. I think I better do it again to save myself from completely going crazy.

 

Bottom Ad [Post Page]